Rajya Stariya Bal Vaigyanik Pradarshani
The Rajya Stariya Bal Vaigyanik Pradarshani is an annual feature of State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), UT Chandigarh. Every year this exhibition is organized at two levels-Preliminary and Final Level in collaboration with National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi. The themes and sub-themes are decided by NCERT.
The objectives of the Exhibition are:
- to provide a forum for children to pursue their natural curiosity, creativity, innovation and inventiveness;
- to make children feel that science and mathematics are all around us and we can gain knowledge as well as solve many problems by relating the learning process to the physical and social environment;
- to lay emphasis on the development of science and mathematics as a major instrument for achieving goals of self–reliance, socio–economic and socio–ecological development of the nation and the world;
- to analyse how science and mathematics have developed and are affected by many diverse individuals, cultures, societies and environment;
- to appreciate the role of science and mathematics in meeting the challenges of life such as climate change, opening new avenues in the areas of agriculture, fertiliser, food processing, biotechnology, green energy, disaster management, information and communication technology, astronomy, transport, games and sports etc;
- to create awareness about environmental issues and concerns and inspire children to devise innovative ideas towards their prevention and mitigation;
The winners of Rajya Stariya Bal Vaigyanik Pradarshani will participate in Rashtriya Bal Vaigyanik Pradarshani for children to be organized by NCERT in which the schools from all the States, Union Territories, the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, the Navodayala Samiti, Department of Atomic Energy Schools, CBSE affiliated Public (Independent) Schools, Multipurpose Schools, CBSE Institute of Education, and Schools from Gulf Countries participate in the National Level Exhibition.