STATE COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING (SCERT) SECTOR 32-C, UT CHANDIGARH
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2022-23 for class 8th Students
Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India has launched a centrally sponsored National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS). Under this scheme scholarship will be awarded to 1,00,000 students (at National level) selected at the end of class VIII. The scholarship will start from Class IX and would continue till Class XII at the rate of Rs 12000/- per annum. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarship to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at Class VIII and to encourage them to continue their studies till Class XII.
The students for the award of this scholarship will be selected through the State Level Test conducted by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), UT Chandigarh for the class VIII students.
- Scholarships: On the basis of the examination, 85 scholarships will be awarded to the students of UT Chandigarh who are appearing in Class VIII examination.
- Reservation: As per State norms including 4% reservation for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
- Selection: There will be one stage selection process for award of scholarship. The selection will be done by SCERT UT, Chandigarh through a written examination.
- Eligibility to appear in the examination:
- Students studying in 8th Class in Government, Local body and Govt. aided Schools are eligible for this Scheme.
- The students shall have minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relaxation by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed than Rs. 3, 50,000/- per annum. Parental Income Certificate issued by Govt. Employer in case if the parents are Govt. Employees and affidavit attested from Magistrate/Notary in case the parents are in any private service / job has to be attached with the form.
- Examination: The State Level test will consist of two papers i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Each paper will have 90 questions and carry one mark. SAT paper will include Science, Social Sciences and Mathematics as taught in class VII and VIII.
- Merit List: The students must pass both the papers i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40% marks in aggregate taken together for these two papers. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
- State Quota: Union Territory Chandigarh has been allotted a quota of 85 seats for scholarship. The division of seats will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.